Sync Google’s secondary calendars on the iPhone with the iPhone’s calendar app.
Why? You may prefer the interface of the iPhone’s Calendar app to Google’s calendar app.
1. set up the iPhone to synch to Google by going to http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/ and go through instruction.
2. Inside a browser on the Mac, login to Gmail, go to a Google calendar, and click the Share this Calendar selection from the left sidebar for that calendar.
3. Click the Calendar Details tab
4. Click the green iCal button under Private Address
5. Copy the URL
6. Paste the URL into an email you’ve addressed to yourself.
8. Repeat for other calendars, then send the email to yourself
7. Using iPhone’s mail app, open the email you sent to yourself
8. Click the link to a calendar, wait a second or so, say yes to adding a shared calendar, then click Done
9. Repeat for additional calendar links
Now the iPhone’s calendar app is in sync with your Gmail account’s calendars.
Why you should use 2-step verification
2-step verification adds an extra layer of security to your Google Account by requiring you to have access to your phone – as well as your username and password – when you sign in. This means that if someone steals or guesses your password, the potential hijacker still can’t sign in to your account because they don’t have your phone.
A mobile phone that can receive the verification code via text message or phone call. These devices use the free Google Authenticator mobile app to generate the verification code.
Set up directions are found here: