CASIT Support Changes – Social Distancing and Remote Support
CASIT is shifting as much of our services as possible to remote support to maintain social distancing efforts. We will re-evaluate the situation in two weeks or as we receive more information.
Please continue to use the form at https://casit.uoregon.edu/request-intake-form or call us at (541) 346-2388 to submit IT help requests.
Changes to expect while campus remains open
- Phone Support – Limited staff onsite to answer phones. If your call goes to voicemail, leave a detailed message, including the best contact method, and CASIT staff will return your call as soon as they are available.
- In-Person Support – CASIT staff are limiting in-person contact. We will first attempt to resolve issues remotely, via our remote support client (BeyondTrust). If an appointment or delivery requires us to come on-site, we will work with you to respect social distancing and sanitation protocols.
- Drop-in Support – Please contact CASIT before stopping by. Drop-ins may be sent away or made to wait, in order to minimize the number of people in our office at a given time.
- Purchasing – CASIT is suspending equipment purchases, except where necessary to address an emergency, or in support of enabling remote work.
- CCRP – CCRP ordering for this cycle outside of the replacement of failing hardware has been canceled. All eligible faculty & staff who have not yet placed CCRP orders, and submitted orders not yet started, will be automatically deferred to the next cycle, which begins August 1, 2020.
- Training – CASIT will provide training remotely, including training in various remote work software such as the VPN, Teams, and Zoom.
Changes to expect if campus closes
- Phone Support – All phone calls will be sent to voicemail.
- In-Person Support – All issues will be addressed remotely. CASIT will not provide in-person assistance.
- Drop-in Support – The CASIT offices will be closed and drop-in support will not be available.
- Purchasing – Any orders already placed/in progress will be halted until the campus can be re-opened.
Additional information and resources
- Provost’s Office page on Academic Continuity
- Access to Microsoft Office applications including Teams and OneDrive can be found at https://office.uoregon.edu
- Adobe products are also available in the Creative Cloud app
- UO Software Center – https://software.uoregon.edu
- UO Service Status page – https://status.uoregon.edu