Change your Duck ID password
This article is to help guide users through the requirements for Duck ID passwords.
To change your Duck ID password go to https://duckid.uoregon.edu
Log in to change your password.
Duck ID Password Information
The password associated with your Duck ID has several restrictions on it to ensure a strong password that will help prevent unwanted access to your account.
A valid password will be 8-32 characters long and have at least 3 of the 4 following:
- one or more numbers (0-9)
- one or more letters (abc…)
- one or more upper-case letters (ABC…)
- one or more special characters (!@#$%^&*)
A password cannot:
- be one of your last 3 passwords
- contain your email address or name
- be a word in the English or Spanish dictionaries
- be a common keyboard sequence (asdfghjk or qwertyui, for example)
- Additionally, your password will expire every 180 days. One week before your password expires we will send you a notice via email, telling you when your password will expire and how to change it.