Configuring Time Machine
This article will discuss configuring Time Machine with a local hard drive.
Configuring Time Machine Locally
- First plug in your external drive to the computer.
- Make sure your drives are partitioned. (See Partitioning Hard Drives for more details)
- If the drive is partitioned and in the mac, it should prompt you, yes or no, if you want to use the external drive as a backup.
- If that does not occur, go to Applications>Time Machine and run (double click) the program.
- Once Time Machine launches click the button, Select Backup Disk…
- In the new window, choose which drive you want to back up to.