Installing & Running Windows Virtual PC
FYI: This MUST be done in internet explorer
- Go to: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx and follow the steps on the webpage
- (Step 2) Select Operating System and Language
- (Step 3) Download the files in the order specified – left to right
The first file, Windows XP Mode, may prompt a “Windows Validation Required” warning, just follow the instructions by downloading and running the WindowsActivationUpdate.exe file.
- Restart the computer after the program runs successfully.
Download WindowsXPMode file –> Save File –> Run
- Select the predetermined prompts to save to the Program files location
- Finish the installation by accepting license terms, creating a Password for log in, selecting Automatic Updates, and then start the set-up.
- Next download Windows Virtual PC
- Download Windows XP Mode update and install any updates that pop up.
- Restart Computer
Running XP Mode
- Go to Start button –> All Programs –> Windows Virtual PC –> XP Mode then select the program you need to run.