Mapping File Shares in OSX
Listen to this article:
Adding a File Share
On the Dock, click the Finder icon.
- With Finder active, click Go on the menu bar.
- Click Connect to Server
- In the new Connect to Server window, type in the file share path.
- For department shares: cas-fs1/DepartmentShareName
- For individual shares: cas-fs1/Home
Note: You can paste in the new path if you have copied it from other documentation.
- Click the + button to add the address to the Favorite Servers
- Finally, click Connect to connect to the share.
- In the new authentication window, choose to connect as a “Registered User”.
- Enter your duckid in this form: ad\duckid (eg. ad\scrow)
- Type in your duckid password.
- Press Connect.
That’s it, you have successfully mounted a network file share on your Mac. Read on if you’d like to make this connection persist on restart.