Mapping File Shares in Windows 7
This article is designed to guide Windows 7 users through the process of connecting to a network file share drive.
Adding a File Share
1. Click the Start Menu
2. Click Computer
3. Click on Map network drive.
1. In the Map Network Drive window, click on the Drive drop-down menu.
2. Click on I: (or J:)
3. In the Folder: field type in the file share path.
- For department shares: \\casfs\DepartmentShareName
- For individual shares: \\casfs\Home
Note: You can paste in the new path if you have copied it from other documentation.
4. Make sure the Reconnect at logon check box is checked.
5. Note: If you are on a machine that is not on Active Directory, make sure the Connect using different credentials check box is checked.
6. Click Finish.
1. Enter your Duck ID in this form: AD\duckid (eg. AD\aikeda1)
2. Type in your Duck ID password.
3. Make sure the Remember my credentials check box is checked.
4. Click OK.