Mapping File Shares in Windows 10
Listen to this article:
Adding a File Share
1. Click on the Windows icon then click on File Explorer
2. Click on This PC in the navigation pane
3. Click on the Computer tab then click Map network drive.
1. In the Map Network Drive window, click on the drive letter drop-down menu.
2. Click on I:
3. In the Folder: field, type in the file share path.
- For department shares: \\cas-fs1\DepartmentShareName
- For individual shares: \\cas-fs1\Home
Note: You can paste in the new path if you have copied it from other documentation.
4. Make sure the Reconnect at logon check box is checked.
5. Make sure the Connect using different credentials check box is checked.
6. Click Finish.
1. Enter your DuckID: AD\duckid (eg. AD\aikeda1)
2. Type in your DuckID password.
3. Make sure the Remember my credentials check box is checked.
4. Click OK.
That’s it, you have successfully mapped a network file share on your Windows computer.