Exchange: Mail for iOS
This article is designed to guide iOS users through the process of configuring Mail to access their Exchange account for email and calendaring.
Adding your Exchange Account to iOS Mail requires giving full access to your phone to Exchange. If your phone is ever lost or stolen, you or a UO Exchange Administrator can remotely wipe the phone. Administrators will never wipe your phone without your explicit authorization.
If you do not feel comfortable with this, please utilize the Outlook App which only provides access to remotely wipe the app.
Adding Exchange Account
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Passwords & Accounts.
- In the Accounts section, click Add Account.
- Tap Exchange.
- Enter your UO email address and change the description if you wish. Tap Next to proceed.
- A prompt will ask you if you would like to connect via Microsoft. Click Sign In.
- After verification is complete, enter your Duck ID password (the same password you would use for Canvas or outlook.uoregon.edu). Tap Next to proceed.
- Choose what you would like to sync to your device. Only Mail is required. Tap Save to complete account setup.
Removing Webmail Account
Note: Please consult CASIT before removing your Webmail account if you need assistance with making sure contacts, calendar events, notes, etc. are saved and transferred correctly
Restart the Mail app and verify it was removed.
Links to Additional Content
- Exchange Setup