Import Your Personal Contacts
From your Microsoft Outlook Contacts
You can import all of your personal contacts in Outlook Contacts to Google Apps, using a comma-separated values (CSV) file. However, you can’t import any mailing (distribution) lists you saved in Outlook.
What gets imported:
Most of the contact fields in Outlook are imported to Google Contacts, including:
- Job title
- Email (multiple)
- Addresses (multiple)
- Phone numbers (multiple)
- Web page address
- Dates, including Birthday and Anniversary
- Department, Office, Profession
- Title and Suffix
- Spouse, Manager, Assistant
- Custom fields
To import your contacts:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
2. Select File > Import/Export.
3. In the Import and Export Wizard, select:
- Export to a file
- Comma Separated Values (Windows or DOS)
4. Save the CSV file to your computer and note its name and location.
Note: If you have more than 3,000 contacts, you must create two or more “smaller” CSV files with fewer than 3,000 contacts each, and import these files separately.
5. Open Gmail and click Contacts.
6. On the right, select Import Contacts, browse to the .csv file you saved on your computer, and then select Import.