Information and Features List
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture), a secure, web-based application for building and managing online research surveys and databases, is a premier tool for supporting UO research efforts with the goals of better collaboration and easier data management. REDCap can be used to rapidly develop projects via a point and click interface or by creating a “data dictionary” template file in Microsoft Excel that can easily be uploaded into the application. We offer REDCap as a free resource for UO researchers and their external team members.
REDCap is a preferred data management tool. Developed by programmers at Vanderbilt University, REDCap is a reliable and secure web-based application that allows you to better manage your research team’s data collection process from start to finish. REDCap features allow you to:
Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely – Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
Be fast and flexible – Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Export data to common data analysis packages – Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Create ad hoc reports – Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Schedule and organize – Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link -Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print – Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Use advanced features – Auto-validation, calculated fields, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
Access to REDCap
Go to redcap.uoregon.edu and sign-in with your Duck ID and password. Fill out the basic profile information and you will be sent a confirmation link to your email to activate your account.
Links to Additional Content
- For more information on REDCap (screenshots, setup, examples of data analysis), click here for an introductory guide. (Word Document download)
- The Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute at the Oregon Health Sciences University (OHSU) has an extensive tutorial page and help site located here.
- The Institute for Cliinical and Translational Science at the University of Iowa has developed a large public support page for REDCap. Click here for more information.
- Click here for the site developed and operated by Vanderbilt University, the creator of REDCap.