Green Office Certification
CASIT successfully achieved the Platinum level of Green Office Certification through the Office of Sustainability here at the University of Oregon.
With a few simple changes around the office, we can all help with environmental conservation:
- Following the UO’s Environmental Health & Safety, Surplus and Disposal, and Confidential Recycling policies.
- Using post-consumer waste products
- Switching to network-based storage solutions & moving servers to a virtual machine hosting solution, both offered by CASIT Systems.
- Wearing warmer clothes to the office during cooler weather to conserve heat.
- Putting a stop to junk mail instead of throwing it away.
- Partnering with other departments to combine purchase orders and reduce campus deliveries.
- Support alternative methods of commuting to and from work, such as carpooling.
- Ordering reusable or compostable service ware from Catering Services.
CASIT is committed to innovative technology implementation with minimal environmental impact, so we can all enjoy our planet and our gadgets.