CAS Inventory Site
The CAS inventory site is going to serve as a database for all computers, laptops, printers and mobile devices in CAS.
Features of the site:
- Each device will be assigned to their owner’s duck id (e.g. dmundra). This allows owners to log in to the site with their duck id and password and view their device information.
- If a device or devices needs a property receipt the site will generate one for the owner of the device(s) to sign. Owners will be notified about the property receipt and they need to just login and electronically sign it. They can also then view and print the property receipt on the site.
- All CAS department heads and office managers can also login in to the site and view their department’s inventory and property receipts.
- Devices that do not have individual owners but are owned by departments are assigned to the department’s duck id if they have one (e.g. Political Science has the duck id polisci). If a department doesn’t have a duck id the devices can be assigned to the department head or office manager of their choice.
- Some basic information like owner, department of a device can be viewed without needing to login to the site. One needs to just put in the HR tag at the end of the url (e.g. https://casit.uoregon.edu/inventory/HR0002883). This allows anyone to quickly reference a device in question.
Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.