Windows 7 Upgrade Project Communications
CASIT will begin reaching out to Windows 7 users identified on the network to schedule migrations. This work will take precedence over regular service requests, due to the security implications.
The message below will be sent to any faculty, staff, and graduate students that have machines needing to be upgraded.
CASIT has identified that your computer is running an out-of-date operating system and needs an upgrade. It is important to schedule this work as soon as possible. Through our process, we will:
- meet for an in-person consultation and pickup of the computer from your office.
- capture a full data backup at our office before any work is performed.
- re-image the computer to update it to Windows 10.
- restore data and profile setup.
- return and set up the computer.
To prepare for this upgrade, back up your data on external or cloud storage so that it is available while we have your computer. CASIT can provide you with a computer to use temporarily if you do not have another device.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact CASIT by replying to this email or calling us at (541) 346-2388.
We are looking forward to working with you to get your computer upgraded!
CASIT Help Desk