CASIT System Services
About CASIT Systems
CASIT Systems provides server and systems consultation and support for the College of Arts and Science. We provide customer support for the use of virtual machine or file clusters, large scale data backup or advanced troubleshooting and technical support for servers. This infrastructure is hosted and maintained by UO central Information Services staff in secure campus data centers.
Scope of Services
CASIT Systems provides technical support and services to all faculty, staff, and GTFs for the College of Arts and Science. We operate Monday – Friday during normal working hours. The infrastructure underlying our services is supported by IS according to their SLAs.
List of Services
- Free Private disk space for faculty and staff: up to 50GB (gigabytes) per user, and 100GB per department.
- Paid Private disk space for faculty and staff, up to 60TB (terabytes).
- Data backup and restoration services, including offsite data backup.
- Virtual server hosting and support.
- Network and Firewall Support.
- Active Directory and Group Policy Support.
- Windows Server administration and support.
- Linux Server administration and support.
- Desktop Imaging, including large scale deployment and lab managment.
- Printer Management.
- General server technical support.
For more information about these services use the contact information below.
Technical Project Support
If you have a technical project that may involve servers or any kind please don’t hesitate to contact us. We have worked on a wide verity of projects over the years in the course of which we have developed solutions to many common problems involving server and server systems.
Contacting the CASIT Systems Group
Please submit a support request by clicking the red button on the top of this page on the left