Posts under tag: duck id
This article is designed to provide information to help you manage your Duck ID.
What is your Duck ID?
Your Duck ID is the username portion or first part of your UO email that comes before the “@uoregon.edu” (example: firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you don’t have an UO email account, it is likely that you still need to claim your Duck ID. For more information about your Duck ID please click here.
Change your password
Go to https://duckid.uoregon.edu/ and login to change your password or click on Forget Password?
Please go to https://duckid.uoregon.edu/vacation/ and fill out the form to enable the responder.
Quota is the term used to identify the parameters of your network share folder provided for University-affiliated people.
To view your University of Oregon email quota please go to https://duckid.uoregon.edu/quota/ to view the information.
This feature allows for users to block messages coming from undesired senders. It utilizes the Proofpoint system to manage email whitelists and blacklists at the domain level.
To view/change spam filtering for University of Oregon email please click here.
Links to Additional Content
This article is to help guide users through the requirements for Duck ID passwords.
To change your Duck ID password go to https://duckid.uoregon.edu
Log in to change your password.
Duck ID Password Information
The password associated with your Duck ID has several restrictions on it to ensure a strong password that will help prevent unwanted access to your account.
A valid password will be 8-32 characters long and have at least 3 of the 4 following:
- one or more numbers (0-9)
- one or more letters (abc…)
- one or more upper-case letters (ABC…)
- one or more special characters (!@#$%^&*)
A password cannot:
- be one of your last 3 passwords
- contain your email address or name
- be a word in the English or Spanish dictionaries
- be a common keyboard sequence (asdfghjk or qwertyui, for example)
- Additionally, your password will expire every 180 days. One week before your password expires we will send you a notice via email, telling you when your password will expire and how to change it.