Posts under tag: lms
As a reminder, contacting this service is available to CAS-affiliated faculty, staff, and students.
The documentation is free for anyone to use as-is.
Where we are now…
The Canvas production server is online and running.
The new LMS is available at https://canvas.uoregon.edu and will require your DuckID and password via Shibboleth authentication.
Courses are tied to course reference numbers (CRNs) which are connected to instructors of record. Courses for the next term are typically created during the weekend following Week 5 of the prior term (e.g., Spring Term courses will be available by Winter Term beginning of Week 6).
Any issues with course shell access are best served by the Center for Media and Educational Technologies (CMET).
Training and Documentation
Training sessions are conducted in an on-demand basis. To schedule a training session for yourself (CAS faculty, staff, or GE) or for your department, contact CASIT Training via e-mail.
The typical session will allow attendees to become familiar with:
- Overview of the Canvas user interface
- Course organization ideas (modules, accessibility of course materials, etc.)
- Creation and management of materials and content (assignments, modules)
- Personal profile and course settings (including navigation toolbars for students and TAs)
- Use of the grade book and SpeedGrader features
- General best practices on building content and evaluation methods
- Where to find additional support resources
CASIT Training has built an overview page that will guide users through Canvas and becoming familiar with some of its features. Click here for more information.
If there are any additional questions and are associated with CAS, please contact CASIT Training or by calling x6-5017.