Posts under tag: redcap
REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture), a secure, web-based application for building and managing online research surveys and databases, is a premier tool for supporting UO research efforts with the goals of better collaboration and easier data management. REDCap can be used to rapidly develop projects via a point and click interface or by creating a “data dictionary” template file in Microsoft Excel that can easily be uploaded into the application. We offer REDCap as a free resource for UO researchers and their external team members.
REDCap is a preferred data management tool. Developed by programmers at Vanderbilt University, REDCap is a reliable and secure web-based application that allows you to better manage your research team’s data collection process from start to finish. REDCap features allow you to:
Build online surveys and databases quickly and securely – Create and design your project rapidly using secure web authentication from your browser. No extra software is required.
Be fast and flexible – Conception to production-level survey/database in less than one day.
- Export data to common data analysis packages – Export your data to Microsoft Excel, PDF, SAS, Stata, R, or SPSS for analysis.
- Create ad hoc reports – Create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Schedule and organize – Utilize a built-in project calendar and scheduling module for organizing your events and appointments.
- Easily manage a contact list of survey respondents or create a simple survey link -Build a list of email contacts, create custom email invitations, and track who responds, or you may also create a single survey link to email out or post on a website.
- Save your data collection instruments as a PDF to print – Generate a PDF version of your forms and surveys for printing to collect data offline.
- Use advanced features – Auto-validation, calculated fields, branching/skip logic, and survey stop actions.
Links to Additional Content
For more information on REDCap (screenshots, setup, examples of data analysis), click here for an introductory guide.
The Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute at the Oregon Health Sciences University has an extensive tutorial page and help site located here.
The Institute for Cliinical and Translational Science at the University of Iowa has developed a large public support page for REDCap. Click here for more information.
Click here for the site developed and operated by Vanderbilt University, the creator of REDCap
If you would like use REDCap here at UO, contact CASIT Systems for more information.