Adding content to WordPress menus
This page is designed to guide WordPress users through the process of adding content to a menu.
The image below focuses on adding a custom–or external–link to a menu.
You will need to have access to the site dashboard in order to proceed:
- From the Navigation menu, hover over Appearance then click Menus
- Select the menu you want to edit from the drop down list then click Select
- Click on the content section you wish to add (in this case Custom Links)
- For custom links, you need to add the target URL (the site address to which you wish to link) and…
- What you want the link text to say
- Click Add To Menu
- The new content will (by default) appear at the bottom of the menu structure
- If you wish, hover over the content rectangle and click-and-drag when you see a crosshairs cursor. Release the mouse button to set in place
- You can drag the box to the left to make it a subitem or sub-subitem. You’ll see a dotted box
- Click Save Menu to save any changes.