Canvas at UO
Where we are now…
The Canvas production server is online and running. The new LMS is available at https://canvas.uoregon.edu and will require your DuckID and password via Shibboleth authentication.
For those who signed up to become an early adopter, access to your Spring term courses is available as well as those faculty who are teaching a course in Spring term.
For those not teaching in the Spring or for those on sabbatical, or have courses that are archived within Blackboard, you will have access to the Canvas site but will not have any courses available to build or edit at this time.CASIT is working with the CMET LMS Support Team on getting past courses imported into Canvas soon, hopefully in the coming weeks.
The same is true for non-academic department pages. Those pages will be migrated during the Summer Term at some point.
Training and Documentation
Additionally, there are training sessions available for you to organize your course(s) in Canvas.
- Monday, March 16th, 2-4pm
- Tuesday, March 24th, 9:30-11:30am
- Tuesday, March 24th, 1:30-3:30pm
- Wednesday, March 25th, 9:30-11:30am
- Wednesday, March 25th, 1:30-3:30pm
- Thursday, March 26th, 9:30-11:30am
- Thursday, March 26th, 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Friday, March 27th, 9:30-11:30am
- Friday, March 27th, 1:30pm-3:30pm
- Monday, March 30th, 2-4pm
The session will allow attendees to become familiar with:
- Navigation of Canvas in general
- Course organization ideas
- Creation and management of materials and content
- Personal profile and course settings
- Common issues with migrated courses
- Where to find support resources
For department-level training for faculty and GTFs, contact CASIT Training via e-mail.
CASIT Training has drafted an overview document to allow users to become familiar with signing into Canvas and becoming familiar with some of the features. Click here for more information.
If there are any additional questions, please contact Mike Moresi at email@example.com or by calling 346-5017.